Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just Cause You Need To Lose Sight Of The Shore To Discover New Oceans

Last night, my close friend Dianne asked me to view her new blog.. She wrote a commentary about this newly opened high end restaurant in Manila named Buddha Bar. She used blogger as her blog hosting site. Suddenly, a light bulb went on. Out of the blue, I remembered my blog. This blog. For the looooongest time, I have not written anything in my digital diary. And so much has happened since my last blog post. When I say SO MUCH, it means SSSSOOOOO MUUUUCCCHHH.  Too much, in fact. Well, let me try and enumerate each and every one of them in ONE WORD:

1.) Love.


It comes when you least expect it. And when it does, it's the most beautiful thing you could ever wish for. People can call it infatuation, friendship set on fire, a simple spur of the moment, but I call it love. *kiligtothebones*

2.) Miracle.


Late last year, we got devastating news that mom has stage 4 lung cancer. My world was torn into pieces. For several days I did nothing but cry and ask God why this had to happen to my family, especially to my mom. My family underwent tremendous torment and our faith was put to the test. This January, we decided to seek second opinion and found out it was all a MISDIAGNOSIS. What a relief. People might think about filing a case against mom's doctors who initially diagnosed it as cancer but we'd rather look at it in a more positive light, we considered it a miracle.  

3.) Risk. 


I've taken a lot of risks in this lifetime but this is probably the biggest one. I've decided to move to Singapore and fulfill my dreams of making it big in the corporate world. I have always idolized women who wore pencil skirts, long sleeved polo tops, with a Starbucks coffee in one hand and a Blackberry in the other; rushing to the elevator, racing against the clock, trying to reach her weekly board meeting on time. *sigh* Although this dream can be realized in the Philippines, I just feel like I'm meant to do something bigger. Also, it's time to leave my comfort zone, grow up and take the four letter word we've always been scared of-  RISK.


No comments:

Post a Comment